cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vishys

Not able to Make Date field empty in Azure Devops using Flow

Using "Azure Devops" as as connector and  "Update  a work item" Action from Power Automate

If trying to update date field in Azure devops to empty value ,it doesn't work . It says same as previous values or flow fails if empty string is passed

error message shown if empty string is passed - :{"message":"At least one operation is required for Apply.\r\nAzure DevOps "

Tried couple of work arounds using following links ,but didn't help 

https://www.agileo365.com/2019/03/blanking-out-date-fields-in-dynamics.html?m=1

3 REPLIES 3
manuelstgomes
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Vishys 

Instead of leaving it empty try the "null" function.

Cheers
Manuel

------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark it as "Accept as Solution." It will help other members finding the solution faster. If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ?
Otherwise, reply to it, and the community will do its best to help you.

Hi @manuelstgomes ,

Thank you for your reply.

I had tried null and empty string values both before and didn't work. It works for any text field but since this is a date field in azure devops, its not working.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am getting the same message with no understanding as to what the issue is. 

At least one operation is required for Apply.
Azure DevOps ActivityId: 
Details: {"$id":"1","innerException":null,"message":"At least one operation is required for Apply.","typeName":"Microsoft.VisualStudio.Services.Common.VssPropertyValidationException, Microsoft.VisualStudio.Services.Common, Version=14.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=","typeKey":"VssPropertyValidationException","errorCode":0,"eventId":3000}

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (2,828)