Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShanmugaRaja
Advocate I
Advocate I

Not able to edit excel table from my local system via flow

Hi Friends,

I have excel file in my local system. To access this file, I have installed on-premises data gateway too. now the problem is I am not able to update/ get particular row from excel table using flow. Only I can able to do is get file content using file system action. but file content contain  base 64 string. So I am not able to manipulate the file content string further. Kindly me on this.

I hope the above explain 

Thanks,

Shanmuga Raja  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @ShanmugaRaja 

To update/ get rows or interact with the data in excel files using the Excel connector, the file needs to be on SharePoint or OneDrive. Accessing file from local system will not provide with the options to work with data on a workbook. 

Therefore, you can add steps in flow to get the file content from the file system and create a copy file in SharePoint and then get rows from that file, manipulate data and finally copy it back to the local system using the file system connector. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @ShanmugaRaja 

To update/ get rows or interact with the data in excel files using the Excel connector, the file needs to be on SharePoint or OneDrive. Accessing file from local system will not provide with the options to work with data on a workbook. 

Therefore, you can add steps in flow to get the file content from the file system and create a copy file in SharePoint and then get rows from that file, manipulate data and finally copy it back to the local system using the file system connector. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,490)