Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JabbarCRM
Helper II
Helper II

Not being able to add new user each time whenever the flow runs

Hello Flow Community,

I am getting the post directly from a website using RSS to Planner for creation of task. the thing is that suppose my flow runs 50 times to get 50 posts in a single day wherein i do have 10 people are in that specific plan so i want an everyone must be assigned the 5 planner tasks and those tasks should not get repeated for other 9 users. Every user must have it's unique tasks.

Till now i have added a "Get User" connector of Office 365 in my initial step of flow but it does have a manditory field wherein i am having to add the user's email address so that he can be assigned that task so because of it all my 50 tasks are being assigned to him only so therefore i am not able to add the users dynamically.

For better understanding purpose, I am attaching my screenshot so that my query can be understood completely.

Do let me know that how this scenario should be achieved  wherein i have been looking to see the reply ?

RSS To Planner 02.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @JabbarCRM ,

In my test, I assume 5 post's Fee title is 1, next 5 is 2, next 5 is 3,and so on.

So I set the Switch is equal to 1,2,3.........

You need set the Switch value depend on your posts.

I mean you must have a value in the posts to distinguish every 5 posts(not just the title, select a value from the trigger to distinguish every 5 posts).

You flow failed because the value didn't meet the Switch condition.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Brad_Groux
Community Champion
Community Champion

Your current Flow design doesn't make logical sense. You can't dynamically Get user profile without having a previous step that accesses the user profile. You'd first need to use something like the Get relevent people or Search for users before the Get user profile step.

With that said, you may be able to accomplish more utilizing Graph API. See the Extend Microsoft Flow with the Microsoft Graph blog post, or the Flow With Microsoft Graph API webinar

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

v-zhos-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @JabbarCRM ,

I am afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

As you said, you need assign 50 posts to 10 people.

So you need a value in the posts to distinguish every 5 posts(like Feed title or some other value from the trigger).

Then you can use the Switch action to assign every 5 posts to one person.

Capture2.PNG

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-yamao-msft ,

Glad to see your reply but it seems to be not working.

I am facing an error, Let me know how it needs to be resolved wherein in "Get User Profile" I added every user's email address in each cases tab.

My requirement is that  I want each post must be assigned differently for different users, it should not be repeated.

Flow Query For Getting User.png

Hi @JabbarCRM ,

In my test, I assume 5 post's Fee title is 1, next 5 is 2, next 5 is 3,and so on.

So I set the Switch is equal to 1,2,3.........

You need set the Switch value depend on your posts.

I mean you must have a value in the posts to distinguish every 5 posts(not just the title, select a value from the trigger to distinguish every 5 posts).

You flow failed because the value didn't meet the Switch condition.

Best Regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,322)