cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mattw112IG
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Not sure where to set this item

I have created a PowerApp within a SharePoint list that also uses Flow.  I keep getting an error about one of the values I'm passing to flow:

"An error occurred while validating input parameters: Microsoft.OData.ODataException: Cannot convert the literal '100,000,000' to the expected type 'Edm.Int32'. ---> "

I know the number needs to be formatted differently.  But, I have created these two dropdowns exactly the same.  So I am going crazy trying to figure out why one is working and one isn't.

When I look at the item I see this:

"new_intaketransitionornewresources": "100,000,000",
"new_intakelevelofrelationshipwithstakeholder": 100000000,

The one that works does not have quote marks around it and does not have commas.

But again they are both created exactly the same within SharePoint and in PowerApp and the data is the same going in "100,000,000" for both.

I even recreated the dropdown in Powerapps by copying the other one that works and still get same results?  I have looked at the card settings and I don't see anything there??  

So anyway just really confused on where I go to set things so that the Quote marks and commas don't appear when data is sent to Flow.

Thanks,

Terry

3 REPLIES 3
Mattw112IG
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I created a compose action in my flow and I think I fixed this, although I still don't know why one dropdown automatically had this output and the other didn't??

Hi @Mattw112IG ,

As the error message said, in flow, the number with thousands separator can't be converted.

As you said, you can use the 'Compose' action to fix this issue.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Mattw112IG
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Yes but I don't think you read my whole thing...

I have two dropdowns, both exactly same settings.  Both with exactly same data going in...

One comes through without commas and the other one comes through with quotes.

I have looked at both, recreated them, looked at card settings, etc.  can't figur eout what the difference is.

Yes I came up with the work around of using compose for the one that comes through with commas... but for my own sanity I would love to know why the other one comes through fine without the compose.  What am I missing, if I can do it with a setting rather than the compose that is ideal.

Thanks,

Terry

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,162)