cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Timote_Charrier

Number generation on receipt of email

Hello,

Would you like to be able to generate a processing ticket number for each incoming email?

Looking forward to reading you

Warmly

5 REPLIES 5
annajhaveri
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Timote_Charrier you can use When new email arrives trigger to run the flow for each incoming email. What is the logic for generating processing ticket number?

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Timote_Charrier

@annajhaveri 

Hello,
The objective for us is to be able to have a follow-up of the customer's request in order to be able to find the customer's email with his tracking number.

We are still on Windows 10 and we don't have Windows Automate yet.

thanks in advance

Cordially

@Timote_Charrier you can create cloud flows if you have M365 licenses that cover Power Automate which is not windows dependent. Are the emails sent to a single mailbox or it could be any mailbox?

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer

Hello @annajhaveri 

That's to say ? Could you expand? We have only 1 mailbox on which we are all working on.

What does it mean to create a flow ? Does this mean that the ticket will have to be created directly on the cloud before synchronizing on Outlook ?

@Timote_Charrier  You can go to https://make.powerautomate.com/ login with your M365 account, then create new automation cloud flow, select when new email arrives as the trigger of the flow. Now the mailbox that you all are working, is it a shared mailbox? If yes, then the trigger will be when new email arrives in shared mailbox. Then in the flow you can further add actions to get the tracking number from the email body or subject wherever it is mentioned in the emails as per email format.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (4,597)