cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeffparker
Level: Powered On

O365 to Google calendar sync template

There is a template called "Sync Office 365 Outlook Calendar with Google Calendar and Excel (Business)" at https://australia.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/7cf04fa1ca524da88c16d4099be8fd..., which I am trying to make work.

The template library says it is "By Microsoft Flow Community" and is described as:

When an event is added, updated or deleted in Office 365 Outlook Calendar, update the Google Calendar and the Excel Online(Business) spreadsheet as per the action selected. The Excel Online(Business) spreadsheet must have the following columns: OutlookCalendarId, GoogleCalendarId.

The trouble is that there is no documentation about how to set up the Excel spreadsheet, and I've spent hours trying different things but am getting no where.

Does anyone know anything about this template?

12 REPLIES 12
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: O365 to Google calendar sync termplate

Create a blank spreadsheet in OneDrive for Business with a blank table containing two columns.  The columns are 'Outlook CalendarId' and 'Google CalendarId'.  Then point the Flow at that Table in that spreadsheet.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jeffparker,

If you use the template Sync Office 365 Outlook Calendar with Google Calendar and Excel (Business), you might create a table in an empty Excel file with columns OutlookCalendarId, GoogleCalendarId, others columns according to your requirements. 

Do you want to find a way to get previous events in the Outlook calendar and corresponding Google calendar events for store them in the Excel file?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

StéphaneC
Level: Power Up

Hi,

Microsoft models do not work.
Use Geoff Hudik's here instead: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/Office-365-Calendar-sync-to-Google-Calen...

Just import it, modify the Google and Office calendar ids and it works !

Stéphane

mordy111

@v-litu-msft Yes! I want to find a way to get previous events in the Outlook calendar and corresponding Google calendar events for store them in the Excel file.

I can get this template working fine for new event but it fails on previously added events as they don't exist on the spreadsheet.

How can I sync the existing one?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

To sync the existing ones you would need a different Trigger and action.  This one fires when a new event is created.  You need to find all the events within a specific range and save those IDs to the list. For that you probably need a manual trigger and the Get Events action.

mordy111

@Pstork1  - once i add the outlook IDs to the list will the other flow add the events to google?

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

You could redesign the existing Flow to do that yes, but its not going to do it automatically.  YOu need to have something happen to make it do the actions in the NEW branch of the switch statement.  That's where the Google calendar entries are created.

jeffparker

Thanks, but is there a space or not in the names? Both alternatives appear in different places. I've tried both in the spreadsheet, but without success.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jeffparker,

Does every corresponding event have a unique name?

If yes, you can use get list events of Google events first, then store them into Google events of the Excel file with columns Google events ID and Outlook event ID. After that, get the list of Outlook events, then use the filter or apply to each action to find the corresponding event, get its Event ID and store it into the Excel file.

Maybe you have to create a column named Event name in the excel file.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Check the usage in the template.  When I looked it appeared that the majority of them had spaces.  I did end up changing one, I think it was in the Deleted branch.  The point is that it doesn't matter as long as the header in the table in Excel matches the name of the dynamic content used in the App.

jeffparker

Many thanks. I've managed to get the Flow template working now. It needed the Column Name in the Deleted path to be corrected (it was just "outlook") - perhaps the master version should be updated?

Now, as others have posted about, I need to find a way to get all the current O365 Calendar items to be copied into Google, but I'd like this done in such a way so that if I change or delete an existing O365 item, that the Flow will sync that also to Google.

I see that it is possible to "Save Calendar" in Outlook on my desktop and this can be imported to Google, but does anyone know if updates and deletes would be syncd doing this? I suspect not, but wanted to ask.

[edit: the import to Google keeps failing, so this looks like a non-starter. I found that in OWA you can save the "publish calendar" ICS file, and this does import into Google, but update/delete sync does not happen]

Or is there an existing Flow template that could be used, or easily modified to do this?

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Not sure there is an existing template to sync them up and keep them synced.  Also the save functionality you are looking at will not keep them synced going forward.  Its just a snapshot in time.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 177 members 4,788 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: