cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vuzeo
Frequent Visitor

ODATA filter to check if a value is equal in a column

Hello!

I am trying to build an ODATA filter that checks if a value is present in a newly inserted list column entry after a PowerApp form submission that notifies my supervisor of an approval via MS Approvals.

I have 2 columns on my SharePoint List:

- TR-ID

- TRIDD_2

TR-ID has an auto generated entry and is connected to TRIDD_2 so that the ID numbers can be passed around and followed via an auto-increment formula I've implemented ("AA10-TRIDD_2-2022", an example would be "AA10-1234-2022") while TRIDD_2 is in charge of auto incrementing the ID itself (1234)

In my Power Automate "Get items" I want to get items only related to the newest entry based on the ID that I have received from the latest entry, example if I were to enter an new entry in the form my Flow would automatically know that the latest entry on the SharePoint List is that latest entry. My goal is to mitigate any possibility of wrongfully given user entries (if me and my coworker enter items into the Form, our managers should get our entries on the list via Approvals and not the other way around.)

What I'm trying to do is when the "Get items" is triggered to filter the TR-ID (AA10-1234-2022) with the TRIDD_2 (1234) and to get that exact file to be sent to the Approvals app for proper management of tasks and data entries.

And I'm stumped. I hit a brick wall and I'm down to using "ID desc" in my Order by however that has issues with getting wrongful information.

10 REPLIES 10
Hardesh15
Super User
Super User

@Vuzeo What kind of trigger you are using here. If you are using trigger- When an item is created this will automatically take your latest details from SharePoint List. 

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Accept as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

Vuzeo
Frequent Visitor

@Hardesh15 I am using "When a file is created" since the automation process relies on a ZIP extraction and file creation on SharePoint.

@Vuzeo Pls share your flow screens.

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Accept as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

Vuzeo
Frequent Visitor

@Hardesh15 

Main screen:
ahasanefendi_0-1655293585562.png

Elaboration:

ahasanefendi_1-1655293788970.png

The filter portion:

ahasanefendi_2-1655293933912.png

@Vuzeo Thanks for Sharing flow screens. Now tell me where you are facing issue?

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

Vuzeo
Frequent Visitor

@Hardesh15,

I am facing the issue where if more simultaneous users send an entry through the form that my filter with get the wrong entries in the list and apply them in the Approval portion of the flow, mainly trying to prevent the possibility of wrongly gotten list entries. That's why I'm thinking that an ODATA filter could help me resolve this issue.

@Vuzeo i am not getting any context how OData will help you here?. if possible use filter array which can help you here.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

Vuzeo
Frequent Visitor

Filter array? Can you please provide an explanation

@Vuzeo  as per your flow Filter will also not work. And i am thinking why you are using this trigger? Why not using when item is created in list?

Any specific reason.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

Vuzeo
Frequent Visitor

The form users fill out is for submitting documents digitally or without any documents in case they deliver it to the office. The trigger is responsible for extracting documents as outlined in my screenshot (2nd and 3rd step).

If I take out the trigger, those two will not work:

ahasanefendi_0-1655297547258.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,139)