cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcellobox

OR syntax

Hi, I'm struggling to make a web-scrapping bot analyze certain words: I guess I'm using the wrong syntax but I couldn't find anything helpful online.

The problem is: I get a text list and save it on a variable, after that I want to check the words contained in the variable. If certain words are found in the list I want to execute certain commands, like closing a tab on the browser. I have tried in different ways, using the command "If the web page contains" or saving the text on a variable and after using the command "If" to check if the variable contains those words. The first approach requires to check multiple time the web page, which makes the bot slow, the second doesn't seem to check for multiple values.. can you help me?

or_condition.jpg

 I think the quickest way would be to use the command 'IF-contains', but I think I'm doing something wrong because it's not working..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
lbendlin
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

That step only accepts a single text value, not a list.  You need to use nested ifs or loops.

lbendlin_0-1662931161289.png

or like this

lbendlin_1-1662932005691.png

Browser automation - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

That step only accepts a single text value, not a list.  You need to use nested ifs or loops.

lbendlin_0-1662931161289.png

or like this

lbendlin_1-1662932005691.png

Browser automation - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs

marcellobox

Thanks, I've used your second suggestion and it works smoothly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (1,565)