cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BenDonahue
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Odata: Convert String to Integer, Integer to String

I need to convert a value from string to integer.

outputs('C-DatesForYearKey') eq item()?['cr508_yearkey']

where outputs('C-DatesForYearKey') is a one data type and item()?['cr508_yearkey']is another

Please,

- how can I convert the string into an integer?

- how can I convert the integer into a string?

This would be a short integer.

Thank you for your assistance.

(Suuuuuper simple task. Suuuuuper tough to find the answer, either in the docs or on the web)

Failed Solution

I really thought I had a workaround by converting the data first in a Compose, where it is posted hot to convert string to int and int to string (int() and string(), conveniently enough; looking at you, OData). But, no. The OData operation seems to convert integers to strings, if they come from certain sources, but not if they come from a List Rows block, like so:

CONVERTING TO STRING IN COMPOSE BEFORE COMPARISON:

BenDonahue_0-1635257807230.png

PRODUCES THIS ERROR:

"Found operand types 'Edm.String' and 'Edm.Int32' for operator kind 'Equal'."

BenDonahue_0-1635258185380.png

...so I converted to int(), which, spoiler alert, produced the exact same error:

BenDonahue_2-1635257904780.png

And the error:

"Found operand types 'Edm.String' and 'Edm.Int32' for operator kind 'Equal'."

BenDonahue_4-1635257940776.png

As OData seems to selectively convert data types, I need an OData command to convert string to int and int to string, which is bizarrely difficult to find/do.

Thank you, again, for your assistance. Learning (and posting) this will go a long way to making Power Automate usable for me, and others, I am sure.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @BenDonahue,

It looks like the first part of your Odata filter is a string and the second part is of data type integer.

So, I think your filter expects this:

cr508_rosterkey eq '10001'

I would convert C-DatesForYearKey to a string and put it between single quote characters in your filter.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @BenDonahue,

It looks like the first part of your Odata filter is a string and the second part is of data type integer.

So, I think your filter expects this:

cr508_rosterkey eq '10001'

I would convert C-DatesForYearKey to a string and put it between single quote characters in your filter.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (4,474)