cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PMac
Level: Powered On

Odata filter no longer working

I have had a Power Automate flow in place for several months that generates a weekly report from a SharePoint list based on whether a line item is complete or not.  It's been working perfectly fine until the last three weeks.

I've had to replace the SharePoint column with a calculated column as the original 'update item' (in another flow that updated the 'Completed' column with a 'Yes' when an item was completed) stopped working about three weeks ago.  Everything with the Power Automate flow looks correct but it is still generating a weekly email with incorrect results.

It should list a table with only items that are showing as No. 

Screenshots of flow below.  Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong?  Is it because it is now a calculated column? Thanks in advance.

Scope Request 1.pngScope Request 2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Odata filter no longer working

Odata query does not support calculated column.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

Odata query does not support calculated column.

View solution in original post

PMac

Thank you.  I wondered if that may be the case.  I don't suppose you know how to delete a calculated column?  Thanks.

Super User
Super User

go to list settings, select the column, click delete

Super User
Super User

you can likely query with caml query.

use send an http request to sharepoint and use the following

/_api/web/lists/getbytitle('your library name')/getitems(query=@v1)?@v1={"ViewXml":"yourqueryhere"}

i do not have any to test but this query may work

<Query><Where>
<Contains>
<FieldRef Name='CalcColumnName' />
<Value Type='Text'>Yes</Value>
</Contains>
</Where></Query>

PMac

Thanks @Gristy  - this query is a bit above me so have gone the simpler route and re-created the original column.  All is now working, however the format is slightly different form last time so I'm wondering if Microsoft has done some minor work on SharePoint which has impacted the original column.   Or, is SharePoint a bit like Excel - great to a point but if you have a lot of data/make a lot of changes it can become a bit unstable....

Super User
Super User

would need more details to understand what you mean.

If you create a column with a space in list settings it will end up with _x0020_ for every space, if you create it from the modern view add column section then it will strip out spaces.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,184)