Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Oddity calculated fields sharepoint

Hello,
I'm looking for some time to transfer fields from a sharepoint list to a sharepoint library from which they come in word files.
Everything normally happens until the arrival of calculated fields. Word does not recognize calculated fields, and it is not possible to transfer the result of a calculated field via Flow, at least not in a number column.
on the other hand, I just discovered that it is possible to transfer the result of a calculated field of a list to a text field of a library, why not, the transmitted element is left with a sequence of zero and the "," is converted to "." ... but it works ... If once the flow is done, we change the type of fields of the library in number, it always works, and the element transmitted is a figure according to the parameters of the field ... I nevertheless think that this solution is not very conventional. What do you think?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Oddity calculated fields sharepoint

Hey

So, we will need some more detail to think this through with you - Calcualted fields are usually just that - calculated from other values in the list / library. So why not simply pass the values that need to be calculated (assuming numbers, dates etc) into normal filed types and set up the calculated field in the new location to do its "calculation" there? 

Sharon 

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hello,
I had thought about this solution, but the calculated fields are not selectable in the properties of a word file (quickpart). It is for this reason that I transfer the results of the fields.

Highlighted

So can the Flow run on the document library itself to create the fields?

you mentioned about getting the information from a list? 

Sharon

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @sharonsumner ,
The principle is that the user completes a sharepoint list form, with the information entered, some calculations are in other columns. Then actually with a sharepoint designer workflow , all the fields are transferred in a library to fill a word document in which the fields are called via the function "quickpart" "document properties".

So I try to replace this sharepoint designer workflow with a flow, on the principle all walks except that it seems to me that the circumvention of the calculated fields by making them point to text columns that I change afterwards in number field does not seem to me very much "clean"... But that works!

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,713)