cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jiri81
Level: Power Up

Office 365 Calendar sync to Google Calendar does not exist anymore?

Hello,

Is my understanding correct that the flow template "Office 365 Calendar sync to Google Calendar" does not exist anymore? I have a flow based on that which stopped working and I wanted to rebuild it from scratch ... however, it's not there 😞

Link for the original template

https://us.flow.microsoft.com/cs-cz/galleries/public/templates/221012a4a405471ca382534402d7087a/

Also, I was not able to find any relevant alternative  so would appreciate any tips.

Thanks,

Jiri

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Office 365 Calendar sync to Google Calendar does not exist anymore?

Hi @jiri81 ,

Please refer to this blog for the .zip file that provides Sync_events_Office_365_Calendar_to_Google Flow template.

sync-calendar-events-from-office-365-to-google-with-microsoft-flow

You could import this file to create a new Flow. If the error shown below is displayed, please refer to the following method to solve it.

47.PNG

• Switch Calendar ID in the trigger and Select Calendar action to your own.
  • Then save the Flow, click Save as to make a copy, and then make the copy as the final Flow.

48.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Templates are changing all the time as MS adds new features and deprecates older ones.  There isn't a sync calendar anymore, but there is a template to copy new events from O365 calendar to Google calendar.  Its about the same thing, but wouldn't handle changes.  You can find it here:

https://us.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/f9a2b550ebca11e6847527b0ccfd422d/copy...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Super User
Super User

@jiri81 

Hi there!  Templates are a great way to get going and learn about Flow.  Like @Pstork1 said, that template will copy new O365 events over Google and won't manage updates.

When you're ready, there is a trigger in O365 Outlook called "When an event is added, updated or deleted" which should get you started.  I wrote this article on going the other direction (Google to Outlook), so I imagine the same methodology can be applied.

Either way, get in and break things.

Keep us posted.

-Ed-

If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jiri81 ,

Please refer to this blog for the .zip file that provides Sync_events_Office_365_Calendar_to_Google Flow template.

sync-calendar-events-from-office-365-to-google-with-microsoft-flow

You could import this file to create a new Flow. If the error shown below is displayed, please refer to the following method to solve it.

47.PNG

• Switch Calendar ID in the trigger and Select Calendar action to your own.
  • Then save the Flow, click Save as to make a copy, and then make the copy as the final Flow.

48.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

jeffparker
Level: Powered On

There is now a template called "Sync Office 365 Outlook Calendar with Google Calendar and Excel (Business)" at https://australia.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/7cf04fa1ca524da88c16d4099be8fd..., which I've tried to use, but I can't work out how to set up the Excel file and I can't find any documentation for it.

Anyone know anything about this one?

L0gan5

I  tried using Sync Office 365 Outlook Calendar with Google Calendar and Excel (Business) (which doesn't show up in the Templates anymore), but kept getting duplicated events. Then, when I tried building that same template from scratch with the most recent versions of triggers/events, I get a time zone error. Why isn't there an easy way to get my O365 calendar to show up correctly in my Google Calendar? Been trying for WEEKS and I have not found a single reliable solution.

StéphaneC

Hi,

Why persist with Microsoft flow when there are solutions that work better?

Have you try this one from Geoffhudik :

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/Office-365-Calendar-sync-to-Google-Calen...

Stéphane

L0gan5

@StéphaneC wrote:

Hi,

Why persist with Microsoft flow when there are solutions that work better?

Have you try this one from Geoffhudik :

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/Office-365-Calendar-sync-to-Google-Calen...

Stéphane

Your link doesn't seem to work, just brings me back to this same thread

StéphaneC

Same thread buy post from  :

image.png

This is also the "accepted solution" :

image.png

Stéphane

L0gan5

@StéphaneC 

Actually, I already tried using the Flow saved in that zip file and got an error even before running. I updated the flow with my information, but when I look at the summary page for the imported Flow, I see the error: There's a problem with the Flow's trigger. Fix the trigger

And when I click on it, it gives me some garbage about not being able to find the calendar in the 'When an event is changed' trigger, which is described as "This operation triggers a Flow when an event is added, updated or deleted in a calendar." 

{1F9C9D49-B33F-43C3-8119-02114EE459D0}.png.jpg

I'm guessing the trigger being used is DEPRECATED. I can add in the latest version of this trigger (When an event is added, updated or deleted (V2)), but I cannot delete the bad trigger without breaking the Flow. So this packaged Flow does not work, and I cannot easily fix it.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @L0gan5 ,

I will follow up here. If you have any questions, please ask.

Office 365 outlook connector was updated before, and the template I provided seems to be unable to achieve this requirement.

Best Regards,

andre1

For those who may find it helpful, 

I followed these steps and got it working (i.e. sync for new, update and delete).

1. Installed package from here: https://geoffhudik.com/tech/2018/11/08/tip-sync-calendar-events-from-office-365-to-google-with-micro...

Package link at bottom of page under heading:

" Updates

05/04/2019"

2.  Followed import instructions from here: https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/import-export-bap-packages/

I created a new flow; did not update my old one (which was broken - I disabled all flows before doing these steps).

3. Even though I selected the related calendars during import, the flow ran with a trigger error when I tried to test it.

4. I went back into the Flow and edited it after importing, and in places where the Calendar id's needed to be, there was a string of garbage text. I replaced these with the titles of my calendars (which I copied from a previous flow that worked but was gimped).

In my case, my 365 calendar's name was "calendar" and my google calendar was the one that ended in "@gmail.com"

Hope this helps someone. Took me literally 3 years to find one of these that actually worked the way it was supposed to; most would just add to the calendar, but not update or delete.

Agiator

Acceptet as the solution! I've spent hours on trying to get this flow to work. 
"The devil is in the details" - and for me it was to choose "Save as..." that made it work. Thanks a lot!

(Im all new to this forum (and Flows) so I dont know how to "Accept it as the solution".... ) 

yanivs

Thanks! the zip solution works perfect! you guys are amazing.

One question that i have, am i able to control the new event color using the flow? i would like to set a specific color to all of my new work related events in Google, is it possible? was not able to find it on the flow events attributes.

Thanks!

BeaconTech

Zipped template imports perfectly (use new one at the bottom of the post)!  I imported updating the settings to mine and ran a test.  You need to run the test the first time so it will let you update the calendars to yours.  Replaced my existing flow that failed.  My only issue is it isn't updating all current calendar events.  Is there a way to reset the sync to "reset" the calendar to re-sync everything?

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 157 members 5,925 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: