cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BartVermeersch
Level: Powered On

Office 365 groups connector

Hello,

We tried the new Office 365 groups connector. They are really great, but we found one minor issue:

From the "Get members" action you can get the members' emailaddresses. However the "Remove members" action doesn't seem to accept the emailaddres if it isn't identical to the upn.

It would be nice if we could get the upn's as well from the "Get members" action or allow the Remove members to accept any emailaddress.

Bart

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Office 365 groups connector

Hi @BartVermeersch,

Could you please show a screeshot of your flow's configuration?

I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. My flow's configuration as below:9.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:10.JPG

In default, the UPN of a user should match the primary Office 365 email address of the user. In other words, the UPN of a user is same as the email address of the user in default. The User's Email field of "Remove member from group" action is required to fill a user's fully qualified email address (ex. user@microsoft.com) rather than the UPN of a user and it only accept office 365 email address.

In addition, you could get the UPN of a member from the "List group members" action, because the output the "List group members" action returned contains UPN (User Principle Name) property. The output the "List group members" action returned as below:11.JPG

More details about the Office 365 Groups connector, please check the following article:

Office 365 Groups

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
BartVermeersch

Hi Kris,

I feel stupid, but how can I insert an image to my post? I can't find an Insert (image) menu.

Bart

BartVermeersch

When using the connctor to get member from a group, it returns a long emailaddress (firstname.lastname@contoso.com).

When feeding this email into remove members from a group, we receive the following error:

{
  "error": {
    "code""Request_BadRequest",
    "message""Uri is invalid for a DELETE operation. The URI must refer to an entity.",
    "innerError": {
      "request-id""f5450265-4e78-4136-bfab-85a5f130d5ed",
      "date""2018-03-09T17:04:42"
    }
  }
}

When need to feed the long emailaddres to "Get user profile (v2)", from where we can get the upn. The upn is a short email address (bartve@contoso.com)

VishalGoswami
Level: Power Up

Cant get this working ?

IS this a bug in the connector ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,021)