cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sakura
Helper II
Helper II

Office Script keeps running

Pretty sure I'm posting this in the wrong community, but I just cannot find any help page for Office Scripts where I can post a question to get community help. Feel free to direct me to it if you know.

I often use Run Script with Power Automate to automatically run Office Scripts. When creating the script, I debug in Excel Online. Very often the script just keeps running without any result.

Even this very simple console.log("ok") just keeps running. I am connected to the internet. Why does this keep happening? It's hard to debug this way.

Sakura_0-1630901283841.png

3 REPLIES 3
AaronLiu
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi Sakura,

Thanks a lot for your post here. Could you please provide the Excel Online session id for us to investigate? You can go to file->about->session id and just copy the guid there.

AaronLiu_0-1631824511281.png

Dear @AaronLiu 
Thank you for your reply. The session was weeks ago so can't remember. But the issue was resolved when I switched from Chrome to Edge. Seems like the issue pops up when using the Office Script editor in Chrome.

AaronLiu
Microsoft
Microsoft

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear you have found a workaround!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (3,362)