cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
autotabbycat
Regular Visitor

On-Premises Data Gateway Configurator - Can the sign-in account be different than the account used to run configurator?

Can the sign-in account be different than the account used to run the On-Premises Data Gateway Configurator?

I am assessing the On-Premises Data Gateway to call a Desktop Flow from a Cloud Flow in Power Automate.

When running the On-Premises Data Gateway Configurator on my local computer, I am presented with a User Access Control dialog in Windows asking: Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? (EnterpriseGatewayConfigurator.exe).

I am using an admin account with elevated privileges to launch the configurator and want to use a regular account with lesser privileges to sign into Power Automate. When attempting to sign-in to Azure, the process is using the admin account rather than the regular account even though I specified the email address of the regular account. The login fails because the admin account is not configured in our federation realm. 

I expected the gateway to log in with the regular account I specified rather than the admin account. Is there a configuration step I could have missed?

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (44,350)