Helper III
Helper III

One form to multiple calendars SP

I have a SP list with a field that says "area" in which it includes 4 choices

-ncsa

-mena

-apac

-earc

I currently have that when approved the employee vacation request it shows up the dates in ONE MAIN calendar. Is there a way I can populate the dates of each employee into a specific area calendar?

for example, have a calendar for each area so when a person for MENA vacation request gets approved it gets populated into the MENA calendar only.

Also if possible can it populate on the main calendar that includes all employees and to the employees specific area calendar.

so 5 calendars total, one form (SP list) This is how my flow currently looks with one form, one calendarThis is how my flow currently looks with one form, one calendar

This is how my flow currently looks with one form, one calendar

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: One form to multiple calendars SP

@karlagb20 

To accomplish your goal, you'll need to add a conditional and an additional Create/Update item action everywhere you have a create or update item action for the main calendar.  So, after the main calendar create item action, you will add a condition and additional create item actions for each of the separate calendars. 

I would suggest, however, that a better idea might be to use a single calendar and create views of the calendar for each area.  Trying to keep the calendars in sync will be challenging - using one calendar with views would be a better idea.

Also, to the best of my knowledge, you can't deal with repeating events in a calendar using the create and update item actions.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Re: One form to multiple calendars SP

Like this? Also how would each create item from the bottom 4 would know to which area to go? @ScottShearer 

can you demonstrate it to me?

4 create items one for each area and the main calendar create item4 create items one for each area and the main calendar create itemcapture3.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

Join the new Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (10,390)