cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cw_franklinsp

OneDrive for Business 'When a File is Created' not triggering

Hello,

I'm trying to create a simple flow that will copy a file created in OneDrive into Azure Blog Storage. The issue i'm having is I can't seem to get the trigger to activate. I've authenticated my OneDrive for Business account, selected the corresponding folder, etc. When I run the flow it does not detect when I'm adding new files in.

At one point I was able to get it to detect new files, but it immediately threw the following error.

"status"400,
"message""The file id is not valid.",
"source""api.connectorp.svc.ms"

Any assistance on this issue is much appreciated.

Here is the link to my flow:

5 REPLIES 5
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cw_franklinsp,

Could you attach a screenshot of your flow?

It seems that OneDrive for Business trigger “When a file is created” doesn’t work as expected on your side.

Does the error 400 occur on the trigger or on the following action?

Could you please try to recreate the connection and try again?

I have made a simple test with the trigger When a file is created, it is working fine.

1.PNG 

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I am interested how this issue was resolved as I am experiencing the same error. I have a OneDrive for Business event "When A File is Created" and then an HTTP request:

Dan_Edens

You may be trying to use the path instead of the ID when your getting that error.

Trigger your flow the same way, by file creation, but than read the directory's contents in a separate action after finding the files by path with a pattern.

You will get all the files now in that folder and loop through them instead of triggering them 1 at a time.

chrome_SjI5R6ASw5.jpg

My problem was probably security and authorizations. When I changed the creation file path to the root directory the error disappeared.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (997)