cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlwaysMkt
Frequent Visitor

OneDrive for Business "Upload file from URL" error code 403 forbidden error

Hi,

I received the error while using OneDrive for Business "Upload file from URL". The error start occur from this week, there is no issue using this function for last 2 months. Please advise the issue and provide the fix if possible.

403Forbidden.PNG

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
manuelstgomes
Super User
Super User

Hi @AlwaysMkt 

The connections are probably acting up, hence the forbidden error. Have you tried going to the "Data > Connections" and re-connect to OneDrive? I know it's a "turn it off and back on again," but I can't tell you how many times I solved issues just by doing this.

Hope this helps

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Cheers
Manuel

Hi @manuelstgomes 

Thanks for the comments. I tried but it's not working. I even create a new connection and recreate a new flow but still getting the same error.

Thanks.

Hi @AlwaysMkt 

Where are you fetching the file? Where's the URL? Probably the source changed in some way and you don't have permission to upload the file to your OneDrive. It's your OneDrive that you're trying to upload right?

Cheers
Manuel

Hi @manuelstgomes 

I get the URL from database. I confirmed that the URL is working fine to display the file and the access right to OneDrive still active. I tried using another function called "Http" from flow and it's working fine. I just curious why I can't use function "Upload file from URL". Previously "upload file from URL" is working perfectly. Is Flow developer change something on the that feature?

Thanks.

Hi @AlwaysMkt 

Actually that's a good question. "Upload File from URL" should be perfect for you.

Are you getting an error using that?

Cheers
Manuel

Hi @manuelstgomes ,

Yes, I'm using "Upload file from URL" since day 1 (3 months ago). However, this function doesn't work as expected since last week (Error: 403 forbidden error). Do you have any idea?

Thanks

I'm getting exactly the same error when using OneDrive for Business "Upload file from URL":

{
"status": 403,
"message": "403 FORBIDDEN",
"source": "tenant.sharepoint.com",
"errors": []
}

Hoping someone can test and see if working for them, or broken for everyone. I know there are other ways to achieve this, but this is the best option, and if it's available, but broken then it should really be fixed, or removed.

Note: I replaced our actual tenant name with the word tenant in the error output.

Hi @gjen020 ,

I agreed with you. this is the best option and performance also better than "Http". I hope Flow team can fix it if this is the case or revert the changes to previous settings. Btw, hope to get Flow team to comment on this?

Thanks

HI @AlwaysMkt and @gjen020 

I think this should be something acting up in Power Automation. Hopefully, they find the issue and fix it soon.

Cheers
Manuel

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,355)