cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Only move items with specific value

Hi, 

So I have a working flow that creates and updates items from a primary SharePoint list to a secondary list. The only issue now is I only want to copy over certain data where a column has a specific text value. 

I know how to do this on its own, but not sure how to integrate this into the below flow:

Haarold_0-1597253470658.png

Any help would be appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Only move items with specific value

Hi @leyburn19 

So from the start, I following this video tut on how to create this flow you see in the image. This allows me to create and update items as previously mentioned. 

1. Get Items I believe

2. Yes

3. I used a filter array as a result of following that tutorial. 

4. The flow works well,I  just want to add another condition to pull only certain data. 

hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Can you explain more please. 

1. Is the column data in the trigger or the Get Items? 
  2. I assume your are using a field from the Trigger to filter the Get items?
  3. Why do yo need the filter array?  Looking at it you create an item if the Result is 0.  Is this based on the filter array or the get items?
  4. If the length() is based on either the filter array or the get items,  the create item will not work if it is also looking for data form those two as there is none.  In your picture the create item could only use data based on the trigger which actually makes all the other steps redundant.

I do a lot of moving of data from one SP List to another for archiving purposes. I simple use a trigger based on a schedule (daily) that filters all records in the main SP list based on the criteria I use.  The found set is then used to create items in the archive list and the it is deleted from the original list.  

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @leyburn19 

So from the start, I following this video tut on how to create this flow you see in the image. This allows me to create and update items as previously mentioned. 

1. Get Items I believe

2. Yes

3. I used a filter array as a result of following that tutorial. 

4. The flow works well,I  just want to add another condition to pull only certain data. 

hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Simply add another Action after the whole flow starting with another condition based on the field from teh Get Items with teh possible text to fing

1. Condition Field = Text

2. Yes step.  If item found do what you want

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

so I would have to set up a create item and update the item again for that condition? I already have a condition that dictates my yes or no but need to incorporate this other condition into it. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @leyburn19 

Would this work? 

Haarold_0-1597311740989.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
FirstImage

Microsoft Ignite 2020

Check out the announcement of Power Platform content at Microsoft Ignite!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (4,174)