cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drohweder

Opt Out of Teams Approval for Specified Flows

We have a flow that requires multiple approvals, the approval emails include an attachment that users need to review. I really like the recent enhancement of adding approvals to teams (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/approval-admin) and certainly want to leave it enabled for general use. However, it is now confusing to users that see approvals appear in teams instructing them to review the attachment when there is no attachment apparently available. You can go into approvals and find the attachment, but most users don't know to do that. It would be very helpful if there was a way for a specific flow to opt out of teams notifications.

4 REPLIES 4
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

There is no way I know of to get certain approvals not to show up in the Teams App, other than doing them in a different environment.  I think the Teams app only pulls up Approvals from the default environment.  But I am trying to find someone on the product Team who has a bit more information about how attachments work in this context since I've seen other questions on the topic.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

That seems to align with what I've experienced. The issue just started when we moved the process from our Dev environment to the Default environment. If it can be confirmed that approvals only come from the default environment, it would sufficiently address the issue. Thank you!

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

That is my understanding, but I'll run some tests to verify it.

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

I just finished running some tests and the Approvals show up in Teams no matter which environment they are from.  My contact said they are aware of the issue and it is on the roadmap to fix it.  In the meantime they suggested using a link to the file in OneDrive instead of actually attaching the file.  Of course that won't work if there are multiple files.  They are working to expand that also so you can have multiple links.  But that doesn't help right now.  I wish I had better news for the short term.  But longer term it should get fixed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (20,588)