cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Optimizing API to SQL Flow

Hello,

I have the following flow that seems to be running much slower than I want it to.

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngI am pulling from the SmartSheet API.  The only way that I have been able to find to pull the column names to use as a later insert is to create variables and then assign the variables using from Smart Sheet is by using Switch action.  I am using test data with a much smaller data set.  When I run this against my Smartsheet of about 25 columns and about 65 row, I am getting about 30 seconds per "Apply to each 2" with a full load time of about 30 minutes.  This seems way to long.

I am new at Flow and feel like just getting as far as I have as been a pretty good feat.  I have to pull two data sources and the second source is 700 rows by 50 columns.  I will quickly be getting to a point where this approach will not work.  Is there anything I can do to speed this up?  

What else would some one need from me to determine what I could change to make this faster?  Can I put more compute against this somehow?  We will eventually move to Azure Logic Apps but using Flow to test.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

You have an "Apply to each" to loop from all rows, and an "Apply to each 2" to loop from all rows cells,

so the flow would run rows * cells times for the loop.

I afraid that may cause the flow to run with a long time.

Best regards,

Alice

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

AI Builder AMA June 7th carousel (up on May 25th, take down June 8th) (1).png

'Ask Microsoft Anything' about AI Builder!

The AI Builder team invite you to ask questions and provide helpful answers at our next AMA.

Users online (1,518)