Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SamPo
Level 10

Outgoing Webhooks for Teams

Hi,

Does anyone here have experience in outgoing webhooks with teams? I would like to make an HTTP call to a flow every time there is a message in a particular channel or team. I've found some documentation online but it all seems to revolve around building a custom app or bot. Anyone know how to do this more simply?

Thanks

Sam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jay-Encodian
Level 10

Re: Outgoing Webhooks for Teams

Hey @SamPo 

That;s not how I read it 🙂

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/platform/webhooks-and-connectors/how-to/add-outgoing...

My interpretation was that the author is saying the outgoing webhook behaves like a BOT but negates the need to create a full BOT via the BOT framework.

It does state that users need to to use @mention to invoke the webhook... which as you've pointed out is an issue as you need to get all messages in the channel.

Ref using the Teams Trigger; If the underlying issue the frequency of the trigger, for example them minimum invocation is 1 minute for FP2... You could try logic apps as you can configure the frequency to 1 second... I just tested and it works well

1.png

HTH

Jay

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.

If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Jay-Encodian
Level 10

Hi @SamPo 

Could you not use the 'When a new channel message is added' trigger action from the teams connector to invoke your Flow?

HTH

Jay

SamPo
Level 10

@Jay-Encodian Hi,

In theory yes that would provide me with the data I need but in my case it is not good enough. The connector works by periodically checking the channel and is not run instantaneously for each message posted. I'm trying to build an integration which can sync messages across 2 platforms where the conversation will flow continuously. Therefore I'm trying to see if this is possible via webhooks as I think that is the only way to make this happen.

Thanks

Sam

Jay-Encodian
Level 10

Hey @SamPo

Have you tried the 'HTTP Webhook' flow trigger? in conjunction with the following- https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/platform/webhooks-and-connectors/how-to/add-outgoing...

My best

Jay

SamPo
Level 10

@Jay-Encodian Hey,

Yes I've seen that documentation but it seems to be reliant on creating a bot and then mentioning that bot to send the webhook.

I just want to send a webhook for any and every message in a specific channel or team.

Thanks

Sam

Jay-Encodian
Level 10

Hey @SamPo 

That;s not how I read it 🙂

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/platform/webhooks-and-connectors/how-to/add-outgoing...

My interpretation was that the author is saying the outgoing webhook behaves like a BOT but negates the need to create a full BOT via the BOT framework.

It does state that users need to to use @mention to invoke the webhook... which as you've pointed out is an issue as you need to get all messages in the channel.

Ref using the Teams Trigger; If the underlying issue the frequency of the trigger, for example them minimum invocation is 1 minute for FP2... You could try logic apps as you can configure the frequency to 1 second... I just tested and it works well

1.png

HTH

Jay

View solution in original post

SamPo
Level 10

Hey @Jay-Encodian 

I never saw that option was available! Thanks, I'll check it out now and update here.

Cheers

Sam

SamPo
Level 10

@Jay-Encodian Works great but I can see this is going to be a lot of work to completely integrate 2 messaging platforms. If I had the time then I would love the challenge but I think I'm going to look for some ready made solutions.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,039)