cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dadagong

Outlook 365

Does the user need to be in office 365 outlook in order to use MS Flow? 

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Re: Outlook 365

@dadagong - If you mean "Have the application open", then no.

If you mean "Do they need to have a license", then it depends on what you want the Flow to do and how they connect.

Super User
Super User

Could you give a bit more context and detail about what your situation is and what you are trying to achieve?
dadagong

Sorry, I am new with MS Flow. Here is what I was trying to do:

1. create a flow from a template, I selected "Start approval when a new item is added" template and under This flow will connect to: Office 365 Outlook, i get invalid connection error.

2. I tried to create a flow to notify me when an new email arrives, when it prompted me to enter the email address, I got the REST API error.

Does this mean that I need to move my mailbox from prem to outlook 365?

Super User
Super User

So your email mailbox is currently hosted in an on-premises Exchange Server? I’m guessing in a hybrid environment?

If so, then yes. The mailbox used in the connection will need to be moved to Exchange Online for it to work.

- Mark
Osama1

thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Users online (6,993)