cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WAR_GA
Regular Visitor

Outlook Email to Planner Task Question

In the already created Flow, the email creates the task after it is flagged.  I'm already using the flag to create a task in To-Do.  Can I create a different triggering event?

Thanks for any advice!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey @WAR_GA 

It gets all the details in the trigger (from, to, subject etc). To export that email, you can use the export email action and create an .eml file for the email. (currently Attachments are not supported in planner so you will not be able to attach the email to a planner task)

To move the planner task when it is created, you can create another flow and use the planner connector triggers based on the requirement. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hey @WAR_GA 

Can you share more details on the scenario that you are trying to build? 

Note that you can only use one trigger (triggering) event in a flow. If you want to create tasks based on a different event, you can create a new flow for it. If the new triggering event has a dependency on the main flow (flags one) you can create a child flow and invoke from the main one. 

If you can share more details, we might be able to assist you better. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

The flagged email to Microsoft To-Do is already a built in function in Outlook.

I think I can create a Flow that if an email is Important AND Flagged, it will get sent to Planner.  That would be the only Flow I have set up.

However, when I make an email important (after receipt) and flag it, it is not showing up in Planner.  When is the flow executed?

Hey @WAR_GA 

I just carried out a test on my side and it worked as expected. Trigger:

ee33.PNG

I marked the mail as important first and then flagged it. The flow triggered as expected. Can you try giving a 4-5 seconds delay between marking the email important and flagging it and check if it works?

Hope this Helps!

That worked, but I assumed it would bring over the email, or a link to it, just like it works in Microsoft To-Do.  Disappointing!

I also need to be able to move that task to a different plan once I get it into Planner, but I'm not sure that feature is available.

So complicated . . . 

Hey @WAR_GA 

It gets all the details in the trigger (from, to, subject etc). To export that email, you can use the export email action and create an .eml file for the email. (currently Attachments are not supported in planner so you will not be able to attach the email to a planner task)

To move the planner task when it is created, you can create another flow and use the planner connector triggers based on the requirement. 

Hope this Helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (4,109)