Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ashmj94
Level: Powered On

Outlook Events and Flow

Hi there!

I am wondering if there is a way to use Flow to create reoccuring events in Outlook that take holidays and weekends into consideration. 

Has anyone done this before?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Outlook Events and Flow

Hi @ashmj94 ,

Currently, the existing Create event action in MS Flow cannot exclude holidays and weekends.

If you specify Recurrence as weekly, it can automatically exclude weekends, but it cannot exclude holidays.

I am afraid that Flow does not support such a feature. If you want a similar feature to be supported by MS Flow, please consider submitting your suggestion on the ideas forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Besides, here is an alternative way to get what you can consider using.

• Use Recurrence as a trigger to create an event at regular intervals. This event does not need to specify Recurrence because the trigger has similar functionality.
  • Then determine if the date of one day after the current date is a holiday or weekend, if not, create an event tomorrow.
  • Here you need to create a SharePoint List or Excel table to record the date of the holiday in this year, and then rely on List or Excel table to determine whether the specified date is a holiday.

Hope it makes sense.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ashmj94 ,

Currently, the existing Create event action in MS Flow cannot exclude holidays and weekends.

If you specify Recurrence as weekly, it can automatically exclude weekends, but it cannot exclude holidays.

I am afraid that Flow does not support such a feature. If you want a similar feature to be supported by MS Flow, please consider submitting your suggestion on the ideas forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Besides, here is an alternative way to get what you can consider using.

• Use Recurrence as a trigger to create an event at regular intervals. This event does not need to specify Recurrence because the trigger has similar functionality.
  • Then determine if the date of one day after the current date is a holiday or weekend, if not, create an event tomorrow.
  • Here you need to create a SharePoint List or Excel table to record the date of the holiday in this year, and then rely on List or Excel table to determine whether the specified date is a holiday.

Hope it makes sense.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

ashmj94

Is there a way to create a calendar in Excel and use Flow to export it into Outlook?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ashmj94 ,

As far as I know, MS Flow does not currently support exporting event in Excel into Outlook.

You could consider adding event information to the Excel table, then traversing the table and adding events to the calendar.

In addition, there are some articles on how to manually import the data in Excel into the Outlook calendar, please check it and see if it helps:

How-To-Import-a-Calendar-From-Excel-to-Outlook

how-to-import-excel-records-into-an-outlook-calendar

Best Regards,

JJLuiz

I would like to ask another question in the same topic, "Outlook Events and Flow".

It is quite easy to synchronise my Outlook calendar appointments to be created as a task in the Planner every time a trigger point is found, as I show in the picture  🙂

However it is very dificult to make the tasks in Planner updated when the Outlook calendar appointment is update as well. I got several issues when I tried a flow.

Does anyone has a better example that works to share with me ?Pic of the Flow.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 324 members 5,757 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: