cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Outlook to Excel Flow - Output date format is reversed from dd/MM/yyyy to MM/dd/yyyy only for some items!!

Hi All,

I am writing a Flow for Outlook to Excel - When I flag an email in Outlook it is added as a new row in a Excel sheet. I am capturing Date and Subject in that row.

I am using below expression string,

formatDateTime(triggerBody()?['receivedDateTime'],'dd/MM/yyyy')

For some strange reason - When I flag about 20 emails, about 10 emails date s are captured in wroong format, i.e  MM/dd/yyyy (reversed). I peeked in to the code, where Output shows in the correct format i.e dd/MM/yyyy

I could not figure out where is the issue. Kindly advise.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Re: Outlook to Excel Flow - Output date format is reversed from dd/MM/yyyy to MM/dd/yyyy only for some items!!

When I read a date field from excel it comes in as a number which is the number of days since 12-30-1899 (30th December 1899).

I am fairly sure that if it is a datetime it comes in as a decimal value (sorry have not needed to decode a datetime).

Anyway, to turn it into a date I use the following

formatDateTime(adddays('12-30-1899',int(variables('Cstart')),'yyyy-MM-dd'),'dd-MM-yyyy')

I am just wondering if you reversed this to get your dates as a number and store that into excel - then it would solve the 'inconsistancy issue'?

Stan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Users online (2,786)