cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dimitri-VDL
Level: Powered On

Outlook365 Calendar Id not showing

Hi all

I have done this before (in another company) but I can't seem to have this working anymore.

I want a Flow to be able to create events in other peoples calendar which of course they have shared it with the Flow user account. I know to have the Calendar Id that flow requires, I needed to Share the calendar from within outlook with owner/editor rights so that there was an email send to the person who received rights. This email contained an "accept" button and it was after this that the Flow action "Get Calendars" was listing up this shared calendar regardless if I already gave it permissions in PowerShell or in outlook => calendar permission and that I could create events, IT WAS ONLY AFTER HAVING THIS EMAIL AND CLICKING ACCEPT THAT I WAS ABLE TO RETRIEVE THE CALENDAR ID. 

I don't get this email to the recipient and even with owner rights I don't get the calendar's Id.

Any help please this is very important...

Kind regards!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dimitri-VDL

Re: Outlook365 Calendar Id not showing

OK so i have sorted this out for 50% Smiley Very Happy

First of all, to be able to retrieve a shared calendar in Flow (and its Id) you need to share it from within the Web interface and give Delegate rights (checking/unchecking the option "see private items to your needs), this sends an email to the recipient with an accept button in it, click it => this will allow to have the calendar and its Id in Flow.

Now i will have to look why or what makes it so that on my original mailbox this email doesn't come in, in other tested emails it does come in so something is different here.

That's it, hope i helped someone 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Dimitri-VDL

Re: Outlook365 Calendar Id not showing

OK so i have sorted this out for 50% Smiley Very Happy

First of all, to be able to retrieve a shared calendar in Flow (and its Id) you need to share it from within the Web interface and give Delegate rights (checking/unchecking the option "see private items to your needs), this sends an email to the recipient with an accept button in it, click it => this will allow to have the calendar and its Id in Flow.

Now i will have to look why or what makes it so that on my original mailbox this email doesn't come in, in other tested emails it does come in so something is different here.

That's it, hope i helped someone 🙂

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Speakers, submit your sessions now! Call for speakers ends Feb. 10!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,309)