cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SandraAkujobi
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Parent/Child flow errors

I am creating a approval flow that exceeds the amount of actions one can use on just one flow, so I heard about the parent child relationship flow which I've tried. I created the parent and child flows in the same solution folder but whenever I try to run a child flow in the parent flow the flow doesn't appear. I'm not sure if it has something to do with how I created the child flow. 

Below Image 1 shows the parent flow, approval request goes from g1-g3

Screenshot (211).png

The 2nd image is the child flow which the approval request only runs with g4 and I want to add the child flow underneath the parent flow to continue with the approval request that runs from g1-g4

Screenshot (209).png

3 REPLIES 3
Jcook
Super User
Super User

Hello @SandraAkujobi 

Please take a look at this doc on creating and configuring child flows:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform-release-plan/2019wave2/power-automate/call-child-flo...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

The reason I'm creating a child flow is because initial the flow I was creating would take all the actions needed, there was a limit of actions. So the flow is like a continuation of the main flow to do the final action. The flow I'm creating is a approval request flow and there are 4 stages that need approval so the final flow in question which is G4 is for the Finance department who approves the entries. 

Just reading the guidelines there are three triggers that are used for the child flow, so I'm not sure which would be suited for the flow I initially had in mind. 

Hi @SandraAkujobi 

What do you mean by "limit of actions"?

Please share a screen shot of you flow

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (1,461)