cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Parse JSON and Convert to String

Hello,

I'm trying to do a flow that has the goal to send an word file by e-mail that is stored in a network share folder.

In a Sharepoint we have the same files stored with the same name but as pdf files. So, when a file in State "to be reviewed" we need to send that file in word by email do the responsbile person to review the file.

So I came up with the idea of adding a column to sharepoint with the name "Name .docx" that column is to have in sharepoint the same file name that we have in the network share folder to send the right one.

First, I did an filter ODATA query to filter all the file that Status eq "Para Revisão" (that means to be reviewed in portuguese) and then I Parsed Jason to have the strings that I need. With that string I tried to get file content in the right netwrok share folder but It doesnt work.

case2.pngcase1.png

Can sombody help me? Or have better ideas to do this right?

Thanks 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
anupam8555
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @Anonymous ,

Can you answer few questions to troubleshoot issue ? 

1) In "Get File contents using path" action , are you getting correct path with file name ? 

2) Are you encountering any error with this flow ? 

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, Thanks for reaching out to me 🙂

So firstly, I tried a new think and it kinda worked. I create an append to string connector using Name + .docx. The problem is that when is using aplly to each he does Name+.docx right (and I received the mail) but then he does NameName2+docx + NameName2Name3.docx and so on and it gives error.

image.png

So as I said the outputs comes like this:

E-mail only comes with first document:

image.png

And then when you see the flow:

image.png

So this solution doesnt work to. 

Can you help me find a way to do this?

Best regards,

Edgar Simões

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power automate tips 768x460 v2.png

Restore a Deleted Flow

Did you know that you could restore a deleted flow? Check out this helpful article.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (2,150)