cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Questions
Frequent Visitor

Pass a query parameter to Flow to insert a new row in an SPO list?

I would like to create an new item in an SPO list and populate some of the fields via URL string.

What I have is a 3rd party app that allows me to construct a desired URL as a hyperlink.

I would like the user to click the link inside the 3rd party app, and have it take them to their SPO list, add a new row and pass along two or three parameters.

Is this possible to achieve in Flow?  In SharePoint 2013 you could do something like this with SharePoint designer, but we don't want to use that at all with SPO.

I didn't know if Flow could read an income URL parameter and use that to pass along to a create list item action?

3 REPLIES 3
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Questions,

Sorry, I don't fully understand what your requirements are. Could you provide more details?

It seems that you want to use the URL as the content of field that configures Create an item action.

You could try setting the field type to Hyperlink so that you could configure the URL in the item and click to access it directly in the list.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Sorry,

I mean that I want to know how I can construct a URL so that when the URL is clicked it creates a new SPO list item and populates the fields.

So a user would click this URL, the URL would then link to a Flow and that flow would parse the parameters out of the URL and use that to create a new list item.

Is there a way to pass parameters to flow via URL and then can Flow that those parameters and pass them into a create list item action?

Basically doing what was done here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Create-item-in-SharePoint-announcement-list/m-p/3...
However, in that example they are reading data from a file to populate the list, I would want to read that data from the URL itself.

It seems that your process is, click on link, then Flow is triggered, and then parse the URL( decompose the URL), take out the parameters inside, and add as the content of the item.

I think such a trigger may not exist.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (68,981)