cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PalakAgrawal
Level: Powered On

Pass parameter from one flow to another

Hi All,

I have a requirement to pass parameter from Parent flow to child flow.

My parent flow gets triggered on update of Case record. I need to create a task in child flow and to set the regarding of task to Case record that is being chein Parent flow, I need to pass it as a parameter.

Any suggestions to achieve this requirement?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Pass parameter from one flow to another

Hi @PalakAgrawal 

Currently passing values or parameters between flows is not supported directly in MS Flow. If you could share some more detailsl on the scenario that you are trying to build, we might be able to better assist you with this. 

To update the regarding field you can probably reference it out from the source entity or something on those lines but we cannot refer the values between flows that way.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

PalakAgrawal

Hi @yashag2255 ,

I am trying to create tasks for a case record with schedule flows. Like if my flow is schedule to run daily then task should be created daily for that case record.

I am having 3 child flows schedule to run on daily, weekly and monthly. Child flow gets triggered from parent flow on the basis of pattern selected on case record(daily,weekly,monthly). Now since schedule flow is a child flow I need to get the case record to associate it with task.

Hope I am able to describe the scenario properly.

Thanks.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @PalakAgrawal 

Got it. Currently this is not supported in flow that you can pass values from one flow to another so this will be a bit difficult to do. You can create an idea or upvote similar ones in regard to this over here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Another thing you can do is, the parent flow runs and it stores the case record id somewwhere (maybe sharepoint) and when the child flows run, you can add a get items action with a filter query to get the latest item created and use it to reference the child flow and once the child flow is executed, delete the sharepoint item that was created. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

PalakAgrawal

Hi@yashag2255 ,

Is there any approach other that Sharepoint which can be utilized to achieve this?

Thanks.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @PalakAgrawal 

I just mentioned Sharepoint as it would make the job a bit easier. You could use excel online (on sharepoint or onedrive etc) and basically save the record somehwere else only to reference it later on.

Hope this Helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,139)