cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChrisF1

Passing Data Between Flows

Scenario: I have a data entry form that has two sections (Part A & B) that is completed by different people (Person 1 & 2). 

I have created two MS Forms (Form 1 is Part A & Form 2 is Part B) and use Power Automate (Flow 1) to trigger an email to send Form 1 to Person 1.  The completion of Form 1 then triggers Flow 2 to send Form 2 to Person 2 for completion. 

Flow 1 includes an action to access a known Excel table to create & populate a row from the data collected in Form 1.  I then want to update this row from the data colected in Form 2.

Issue:  I have no "key" to identify what row to update in Excel from Flow 2.  Is there a way to pass data between these flows, or is there another way to do this?

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
jinivthakkar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@ChrisF1 It is possible to call a child flow from parent flow, please check this out:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/create-child-flows

https://techdailychronicle.com/nested-flows-in-power-automate-running-child-flows/

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (66,886)