cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisingham
Level: Powered On

Per User Licence and Team Flows

Hello,

I have been assigned a per-user Flow licence by my organisation, however I don't understand how the licence works if I share the flow. 

I have crated a flow and shared it with others in my organisation. The flow shows under Team flows, however does everyone with access to the flow need a per user licence or will it work as long as I the creator of the flow has a licence? Will I have to keep the flow personal in My Flows for it to work, or will I be able to share the flow without everyone being assigned a licence?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Per User Licence and Team Flows

That would be kind of a grey area since the other users will be administering the Flow.  If they were members of the shared mailbox, but didn't have the ability to disable the Flow I think you are fine.  But if they disable and re-enable the flow I suspect they will also need a license to interact with the flow.  Having said that, unless its using a premium connector the license that is included in Office 365 is sufficient for the license they need.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

How the licensing works on Flows depends on what the Flow does and how it is triggered.  For example, a Flow that runs whenever you add a new file to a folder in Teams would run in the context of the maker and only you (the maker) would need a license.  But if a Flow is triggered manually by a button or link in Teams then the Flow will run in the context of the user and all user's who run it will need a license. In general, if the user interacts with the flow they need a license.  If the flow does general processing in the background then the user won't need a license.

chrisingham
Level: Powered On

Ah ok thank you, so in my example I will be running a flow whenever a email arrives on a shared mailbox, which i log into with my Microsoft credentials and process. All the actions will effectively be done by my account and the others that I share the flow with will be able to turn the flow on and off and check the run history but they won’t be triggering the flow. I assume that means I will only need a pet user licence for myself and not the other ‘administrators’ I will be sharing the flow with?
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

That would be kind of a grey area since the other users will be administering the Flow.  If they were members of the shared mailbox, but didn't have the ability to disable the Flow I think you are fine.  But if they disable and re-enable the flow I suspect they will also need a license to interact with the flow.  Having said that, unless its using a premium connector the license that is included in Office 365 is sufficient for the license they need.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users online (4,827)