cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Planner Report - Problem with 'Get user profile (V2)'

Hi,

I have downloaded Microsoft's "Create a daily summary of Planner Tasks by Bucket. 

Also have tweaked it to include an 'Assigned to' column in the report.  This is done by passing the 'assignment' value from 'List tasks' to 'Get user profile (V2)' and returning the 'Display Name' to a String Variable that is included in the output table.  So far so good.

The problem is that in the Plan there are  (completed) Tasks that remain assigned to Team members who no longer exist in the domain.  Planner itself lists the task as being assigned to 'Former member'.  The Flow report 'Get user profile (V2)'doesn't cope with this, instead it fails with a standard statusCode of 404 "Request_ResourceNotFound".  When this step fails, the whole Flow fails.

Is there a way to cater for 'Get user profile (V2)' not finding a result without breaking the Flow?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Planner Report - Problem with 'Get user profile (V2)'

Try setting the Run After settings for the action after the Get user Profile V2 to run both on success and failure. Then make sure to test for whether the DisplayName was found or not.  If not put a string in its place.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Try setting the Run After settings for the action after the Get user Profile V2 to run both on success and failure. Then make sure to test for whether the DisplayName was found or not.  If not put a string in its place.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks, I'll give that a try, didn't know about the 'Run After' setting.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks, I think this is working better now in that the Flow does not fail if the user does not exist at all.

The next challenge is to work out how to cater for Tasks that are Unassigned.  The 'Get user profile (V2)' lookup is inside an 'Apply to Each' for 'List Tasks:value assignments'.  Is it correct that this 'apply to Each' loop will not try to perform the Get user profile (V2)' lookup at all, for any Tasks that are Unassigned, becase there is no value for 'assignment'?  If that is the case, I'll have to add a test for the value of the assigned user outside the lookup, ie just after. 

Sorry if this is confusing.

Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

YOu'll need to test it to be sure, but yes, I think it will ignore the ones that haven't been assigned based on the loop processing just the assingment entries.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thank you again, and sorry for the delay in replying.  Testing shows that Unassigned tasks are totally ignored by this part of the flow, whereas I had mistakenly assumed that the flow would check every task and treat the assignment differently depending on its value.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,771)