cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zkleiza

Planner: Task Due Date extension upon completion problem

Hi All, 

My issue is I have a series or tasks which are acting as a monthly check lists and log for some video conference rooms we have. 

Basically, I want the due date to extend by 30 days every time the task is marked as completed, the checklist to clear, and the task status to then revert back to "Not Started". I've chosen this approach as opposed to generating a new task because I want to keep the comment section as a log of past issues. 

The problem I am running into is that when I mark one task as completed (which triggers the flow), it seems to trigger the due date increase on several other tasks as well. 

Once I complete say 4 or 5 tasks, the due date on almost all the other ones has increased as well even though they remain untouched. 

Each flow has the task ID specified and I've eliminated any other elements which could link it to multiple tasks. No change. 

Has anyone seen anything like this before or does this sound like a familiar issue? I am new to power automate so it's possible I am missing something. 

Thanks in advance!

-Zac

p.s. if anyone can think of a better way to do this I am all ears! It is definitely tedious creating a task and flow for each of the 40ish meeting rooms we have. I still can't find a way to create a general flow that would accomplish the automation I am trying to achieve. 

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022- Season 2 has kicked off!

Users online (2,977)