cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joannab1

Planner create a task stopped working

First flow worked really well for a couple of weeks then suddenly stopped.   The steps are When email arrives - Planner Create Task.. and it fails at create a task saying  error": { "code": 502, ...... BadGateway.  Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ joannab1,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Have you assign the task directly with an email address?

The "create task" action would run failed with the error as below when fill in the email address in the "Assigned to user id"  field of "create task" action:

{
  "error": {
    "code": 502,
    "message": "{\r\n  \"error\": {\r\n    \"code\": 502,\r\n    \"source\": \"msmanaged-na.azure-apim.net\",\r\n    \"clientRequestId\": \"762c9477-4b44-403a-ab5f-5a4cec288892\",\r\n    \"message\": \"BadGateway\",\r\n    \"innerError\": {\r\n      \"error\": {\r\n        \"code\": \"\",\r\n        \"message\": \"Error retrieving graph object\",\r\n        \"innerError\": {\r\n          \"request-id\": \"9d48882b-8a26-4d23-b714-0436a31df0d4\",\r\n          \"date\": \"2018-03-30T13:53:56\"\r\n        }\r\n      }\r\n    }\r\n  }\r\n}, clientRequestId: 762c9477-4b44-403a-ab5f-5a4cec288892"
  }
}

And Microsoft team is working on it to fix the problem, once the problem is fixed,I would reply here if .

A workaround is rather than assign the task directly with an email address, you could add a "Office 365 - Get User Profile" action, and use the ID from that in the "Assigned User ID" field on the Create Task action. That would works.

You could refer to link below with the same issue as you: 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/I-Found-A-Bug/502-Bad-Gateway-when-creating-Planner-Tasks/m-p/10...

Regards,
Alice Zhang

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ joannab1,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Have you assign the task directly with an email address?

The "create task" action would run failed with the error as below when fill in the email address in the "Assigned to user id"  field of "create task" action:

{
  "error": {
    "code": 502,
    "message": "{\r\n  \"error\": {\r\n    \"code\": 502,\r\n    \"source\": \"msmanaged-na.azure-apim.net\",\r\n    \"clientRequestId\": \"762c9477-4b44-403a-ab5f-5a4cec288892\",\r\n    \"message\": \"BadGateway\",\r\n    \"innerError\": {\r\n      \"error\": {\r\n        \"code\": \"\",\r\n        \"message\": \"Error retrieving graph object\",\r\n        \"innerError\": {\r\n          \"request-id\": \"9d48882b-8a26-4d23-b714-0436a31df0d4\",\r\n          \"date\": \"2018-03-30T13:53:56\"\r\n        }\r\n      }\r\n    }\r\n  }\r\n}, clientRequestId: 762c9477-4b44-403a-ab5f-5a4cec288892"
  }
}

And Microsoft team is working on it to fix the problem, once the problem is fixed,I would reply here if .

A workaround is rather than assign the task directly with an email address, you could add a "Office 365 - Get User Profile" action, and use the ID from that in the "Assigned User ID" field on the Create Task action. That would works.

You could refer to link below with the same issue as you: 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/I-Found-A-Bug/502-Bad-Gateway-when-creating-Planner-Tasks/m-p/10...

Regards,
Alice Zhang

That worked fine.  Thanks.

Jkarlgren
Regular Visitor

My flow has stopped creating tasks because of this error:

"error": {
    "code""MaximumTasksAssignedToUser",
    "message""The request exceeded allowed limits.",

Anyway to correct this? Is this a flow or planner problem? I found some limits on planner at 250 per user but does that mean 250 at one time or 250 total? I usually have about 50 outstanding at a time. 

Any help is appreciated. 

Thank you! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,508)