cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rzgazaryan
Helper I
Helper I

Plumsail Alternatives?

Hi all - I've been bombarding these forums as of lately, so if you're seeing me again, apologies. I'm looking for an alternative to Plumsail. It costs 30 dollars a month for me to do a flow that I need. 

I convert PPT to PDF to JPG. End game just needs to be from PPT to JPG.. any other tools othet than plumsail (which are free) that we can do this with?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @Rzgazaryan,

The OneDrive site will act as the place were the conversion happens. The presentation will be copied to a temp folder. When the conversion of the content to jpg is done it will create a new jpg file in a SharePoint library.

The example below shows that approach.

example_converttojpg.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @Rzgazaryan,

Have you tried the suggestion @DamoBird365 gave you in this thread?

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Converting-PowerPoint-slide-to-JPG/m-p/12...

Using the convert file action from the OneDrive for Business connector, that one doesn't require any additional licensing.

If you need any help setting that up let us know.

Ah yes okay - for some reason, that solution didn't fully register when I looked through it.

Just to clarify, the PPT files (in a folder) would start in OneDrive, then get converted to PPT, then all get send to SharePoint? Is that how the perfect solution would work in this case?

Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @Rzgazaryan,

The OneDrive site will act as the place were the conversion happens. The presentation will be copied to a temp folder. When the conversion of the content to jpg is done it will create a new jpg file in a SharePoint library.

The example below shows that approach.

example_converttojpg.png

View solution in original post

Wow this is awesome - a couple of questions though.

1) Why are we using manual trigger flow - could I instead use "when folder / files are modified in folder" trigger?

2) For the "Copy File" are we copying from SharePoint to OneDrive right there?

3) Why did you put a delay?

Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @Rzgazaryan,

1. Manually is just for my testing. You can use other trigger actions if you want 🙂

2. Yes, that is correct

3. I have added that delay action (of 5 seconds), just in case 😁. I have read about a known issue/limitation of the OdfB connector with pdf conversion in the Microsoft docs:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/onedriveforbusiness/#known-issues-and-limitations

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,036)