cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AF_ALA
Regular Visitor

Populate a Microsoft Word template BadGateway error status 500, hexadecimal value 0x1A, is an invalid character

In my flow, I have a switch that decides which Populate a Microsoft Word template action to use based on the data provided (it fills the template with data from dataverse). On one specific template (the ACE template) it always fails with this error and I don't know why.

Error body:

{
  "error": {
    "code": 500,
    "source": "canada-001.azure-apim.net",
    "clientRequestId": "3146c76a-5162-4fad-a615-2d8dedd400ab",
    "message": "BadGateway",
    "innerError": {
      "status": 500,
      "message": "'\u001a', hexadecimal value 0x1A, is an invalid character.\r\nclientRequestId: 3146c76a-5162-4fad-a615-2d8dedd400ab",
      "error": {
        "message": "'\u001a', hexadecimal value 0x1A, is an invalid character."
      },
      "source": "wordonlinebusiness-cc.azconn-cc-001.p.azurewebsites.net"
    }
  }
}

Is it referring to a specific character in some of the data? And if it is, I have no way of knowing what it refers to. The word template fills 50+ controls that include text, image, and repeating sections.

The other word templates in my switch statement are similar to the ACE template with minor differences, but they always work fine when their cases come up.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (2,776)