Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Populate columns in document library

Hello,

Please have a look at the flow as shown in the printscreen below.

The button allows you to take a picture and say 2 things about the picture (what machine it is and what it is doing).

It would be useful to be able to add this picture to a documente library (this is already possible), but also add the values selected in the 2 fields to columns created for the documents in the library (as far as I can tell this is not possible). The result should be something as shown in the second printscreen

photos.PNG

machinephotos.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Populate columns in document library

Hi @wplingers,

Could you please share a full screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Do you want to add the values selected in the 2 drop down fields of the Flow Button trigger into the columns created in your SP library?

I think Microsoft Flow could achieve your needs. I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:22.JPG

23.JPG

Within File Name field of the "Create file" action, type the following formula:

concat(utcNow(),'.jpg')

Within "Update file properties" action, specify Site Address and List Name. Id field set to ItemId dynamic content of the "Create file" action.

The flow works successfully as below:25.JPG

24.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @wplingers,

Could you please share a full screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Do you want to add the values selected in the 2 drop down fields of the Flow Button trigger into the columns created in your SP library?

I think Microsoft Flow could achieve your needs. I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:22.JPG

23.JPG

Within File Name field of the "Create file" action, type the following formula:

concat(utcNow(),'.jpg')

Within "Update file properties" action, specify Site Address and List Name. Id field set to ItemId dynamic content of the "Create file" action.

The flow works successfully as below:25.JPG

24.JPG

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Hello,

This works indeed!

Thank you!

Regards

Wim

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,845)