cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Possible to use Switches and sub-switches in 1 flow

Dear all This is complex. There are 2 different criteria which needs to be met before the email notification is sent out. This is based on how the respondents answer the questions on MS forms. For example, for qn1, respondents can choose either AMK or SED. If the respondent picked AMK, they will need to select the subset, AMK or YCK. If they select AMK, a notification will be sent to Person 1, Person 2 and Person 3. If the respondent picked SED, they will need to select subset of AMK or YI.  If they select AMK, it will be sent to Person 4, 5, 6. Although the respondent selects both AMK, the notification will be sent to different parties because they picked a different response for qn1. I have built a flow with 2 switches.  First switch: If they select AMK or SED Second switch: Under AMK, there is another switch for AMK or YCK, and then the email notifications accordingly. However, using the above, the flow is successful but it always goes to the default case for switch and does not run through AMK, AMK or AMK, YCK or SED, AMK or SED, YCK. Anyone can share what can I do in this instance? Or is there another way to build my flow?

5 REPLIES 5
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@Sn0white 

Do you mean by subset a sub Question ?

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

@Mira_Ghaly 

Hi Mira,

The first criteria has a switch and then a sub-switch on the first criteria.

For example, my first criteria switch has 10 cases. From the 10 cases, each case I have another switch for another 10 cases.

An illustration below.

So usually, there is default case when using a switch. Now my flow always goes to the default when I tested it instead of going under each specific case even though the user has selected the specific case.

Sn0white_0-1599787310441.png

@Sn0white 

Can i ask you to add a compose data operation and add the value of the switch case to it , so we can understand we it always goes to the default branching.

Run the flow after adding the compose data operation and send a screenshot of the flow history.

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

@Mira_Ghaly 

Hi Mira

I am not sure how to add the Compose action you mentioned. Please see the flow history below. As you can see, although "Ang Mo Kio is selected, it goes past case 1 Ang Mo Kio to Default.

Sn0white_1-1599788733752.png

@Mira_Ghaly 

{"statusCode":200,"headers":{"Pragma":"no-cache","x-ms-request-id":"09ff2842-e1f9-4d7e-b890-94f5400a56f8","Strict-Transport-Security":"max-age=31536000; includeSubDomains","X-Content-Type-Options":"nosniff","X-Frame-Options":"DENY","Timing-Allow-Origin":"*","x-ms-apihub-cached-response":"false","Cache-Control":"no-store, no-cache","Date":"Fri, 11 Sep 2020 01:42:10 GMT","Set-Cookie":"ARRAffinity=b206a4fb40d4778c3efdb5617fb9c001d9757d7f7afcaa0a07ccf2fa08b02852;Path=/;HttpOnly;Domain=office365-sea.azconn-sea.p.azurewebsites.net","Content-Length":"0","Expires":"-1"}}

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (7,043)