cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

Post a message in Teams Channel that is created earlier in the flow

I have a flow that creates a channel in Microsoft Teams based on a field on the common data service which works as per below. 

Capture.PNG

However, when I thien go to post in the channel in the next action, it fails everytime with the following 'Bad Request'...

Capture1.PNG

I have no idea why, I keep changing the fields but not sure why it wont work. 

Also, this simple condition which runs off a field that has True or False is False everytime! I have tried Yes in the field and true in the field and changed to capitals etc. but nothing seems to register a 'True'.

Capture2.PNG

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex

6 REPLIES 6
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @Simmo86 

Can you post a screenshot of the send a message to teams channel action? Can you check in the teams channel if flow app is enabled and alloweed to post messages? Can you also check your permissions to post on the teams channel? 

Thanks, 

Capture.PNG

I have other flows that post to Team's channels so I know that the permissions should be fine. 

Thanks,

Alex

Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @Simmo86 Got it!

The error you are facing is because the Post Teams message requires the ID of the channel to post a message and in that place you are providing a string. I replicated the issue at my end and here is the solution for it:

In the Post a Message action, in the channel option, instead of typing anything, press the enter custom value and select the channel ID from the dynamic selector under the create a channel options. Please refer to the screenshot below:

Ftets.png

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

That's great! Thanks for that. It makes sense. Do you have any idea on the other point, i.e. how to get a true/false value from a common data source field in flow? i.e. as outlined above, I have put "true", "TRUE", "Yes", "YES" but everytime no matter what you select in the field on the data source, it always returns False!

Thanks!

Hi @Simmo86 ,

About first issue, as @yashag2255  suggested, you should use dynamic content id from action "Create a channel" in the Channel field of action "Post a message".

About second issue, what’s the column type of Benefits field?

I assume it is of type Two options. So I have made a simple test likes below for your reference. You should configure the Condition likes below:

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Write the benefits dynamic field into a Compose action and see what value it has.

- Mark

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (2,359)