cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

Posting a File to Microsoft Teams

Hi,

Currently I'm having a flow that works on posting a file to One drive, Now as per the requirements i need the same file to be uploaded to a specific channel in Microsoft Teams (in the Files section ). but seems like it doesn't havea direct trigger for that. can somebody help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SaifAli ,

Please refer to the structure below to configure Flow.

Each channel will have a specified folder under the corresponding Team site-Documents Library.

45.PNG44.PNG

You could use Create file action to copy the files uploaded to OneDrive to the specified channel.

46.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Remember that each Team in Microsoft Teams uses a SharePoint document library to store files.  Each channel is a folder in the documents library in that site.  So although there is no action to upload a file to a Team channel Files tab you can accomplish the same thing by creating a file in the channel named folder in the document library behind the Teams site using the Create File sharepoint action.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SaifAli ,

Please refer to the structure below to configure Flow.

Each channel will have a specified folder under the corresponding Team site-Documents Library.

45.PNG44.PNG

You could use Create file action to copy the files uploaded to OneDrive to the specified channel.

46.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (9,452)