cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krishnakumar_72
Regular Visitor

Power AUTOMATE FLOW

"When new email arrives (v3) does not work 

My flow does not get triggered when sent to a Distribution list but works when to an individual mail box 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
krishnakumar_72
Regular Visitor

any help please 

View solution in original post

Hi @krishnakumar_72,

Do you want to trigger the When a new email arrives when a new email is sent to a distribution list?

Actually, Power Automate does not support to send email to a DL currently.

You could consider converting the DL to a shared mailbox instead.

Here is a similar idea you could vote for:

Trigger When a New Email is arrives to a Distribut... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Rhiassuring
Super User
Super User

Hi there, 

A distribution list would go to many email addresses. Which of those email addresses are you monitoring? You'd need to connect to at least one. 

If you're using a Group, you'd want to instead use the trigger for Group emails - "when a new email arrives to a Group".

krishnakumar_72
Regular Visitor

My customer sends email to a "Distribution List" and I need to trap the same please. I tried searching i cannot locate. Can you please send me screen shot please 

krishnakumar_72_0-1658821798775.png

You will need to use one of the email accounts that is included in the distribution list. A distribution list is just a group of individual emails. If you select and connect to one of those emails, that will solve your issue.

krishnakumar_72
Regular Visitor

I coded distribution list. Name, and Flow does not get triggered, Do I need to give full email id  "DistributionName@XXX.com".. Please let me know 
I even tried giving One of the Email ids in DL.. Flow did not trigger

ganeshsanap
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@krishnakumar_72 Can you show us how you have configured the flow trigger (add screenshot if possible)?

Please click Accept as solution & 👍 if my answer helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. If the answer was useful in other ways, please consider giving it 👍

krishnakumar_72
Regular Visitor

krishnakumar_72_1-1658824120836.png

Scenario:

Customer send email to "SupportGroup@XXX.com"
My id is part of the DL

I tried my id in the TO FIELD.. Flow did not trigger

should I type "SupportGroup@XXX.com"

krishnakumar_72
Regular Visitor

any help please 

Hi @krishnakumar_72,

Do you want to trigger the When a new email arrives when a new email is sent to a distribution list?

Actually, Power Automate does not support to send email to a DL currently.

You could consider converting the DL to a shared mailbox instead.

Here is a similar idea you could vote for:

Trigger When a New Email is arrives to a Distribut... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Best Regards,
Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (3,522)