cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power App / Automate licensing question

Users at my company are using a Power App to create items in a SharePoint list (enabled through Office 365 use rights). 

I now want to create a flow with premium and custom connectors which is triggered when an item is created in the list. Can I enable this through a Power Automate per flow or per user license or do I need a Power Apps premium license for every end user of the Power App? 

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@power74837 

I recommend taking Per User Flow License for a Service account. 

I am assuming that you are going to use Premium connections only from Power Automate. 

You can create a flow by using this Service account with a trigger "When an item is created" in the list. With this approach, you do not need license for every user. Also, you do not need Power Apps premium license as well.

In future, you can create such flows using this account for other applications as well. 

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.

Thank you @rsaikrishna. Are there any limitations to doing this I need to be aware of? There are potentially 1000s of users who will be using the Power App. 

@power74837 

Not sure how complex and huge your Power Automate will be. But, there are definitely limitations with respect to API calls. Each action we place on the flow is an API call. 

With per user flow license, you can have 5000 API calls per day.

2.JPG

Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/api-request-limits-allocations

I hope this will help you.

Regards

Krishna Rachakonda

If this reply helped you to solve the issue, please mark the post as Accepted SolutionMarking this post as Accepted Solution, will help many other users to use this post to solve same or similar issue without re-posting the issue in the group. Saves a lot of time for everyone.

I believe this falls under Multiplexing.

Microsoft recommends either you license all users who are going to use that flow with the Power Automate Per user License.

Or

You buy the Power automate per Flow Plan so it can have unlimited users.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (3,479)