cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rnunley
Frequent Visitor

Power Automate Account

We are starting to use Power Automate more in my organization.  It looks as though I.T. will be creating most of the Flows all the end users.  These means all those Flows will run under the user's context who created them.  The same user will need to be granted all the access to the resources required in the Flow.  Is this recommended or is there a way to have an account that is only used to create and run Flows?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hardesh15
Super User
Super User

@rnunley  Yes it is correct way to use flows under one account like IT account. It gives to ability to manage all flows at one place and flows will run smoothly bcz it is independent of individuals.  Addition to that you can use 2 or 3 more generic account for diversity means org department related.

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Mark as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Hardesh15
Super User
Super User

@rnunley  Yes it is correct way to use flows under one account like IT account. It gives to ability to manage all flows at one place and flows will run smoothly bcz it is independent of individuals.  Addition to that you can use 2 or 3 more generic account for diversity means org department related.

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Mark as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh

View solution in original post

rnunley
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Hardesh.  i presume this account needs to be fully licensed?

@rnunley  Its based on your requirement. If you are using free flow plan and facing some limitation then move to premium plans otherwise until then you can happily use free plan. Also anytime you can upgrade your plan.

@Hardesh

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,998)