cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
snaefellnes
Helper II
Helper II

Power Automate: Action 'Delete_item' failed in a sharepoint list

Greetings,

 

We have a flow which has been running fine for ~9 months, it is triggered when an item is added in a sharepoint list, does a simple operation and delete the item from the sharepoint list. Nothing fancy. For the last two weeks, I see that hundreds of error are now happening when the delete item action is attempted. Last night I purged the list from all 1700 items that were left and I also emptied the site recycle bin. This morning, more than two hundred items have failed to be deleted since last night, the flow ran successfully ~900 times. I need to figure out why it is now failing so often to delete the item in the Sharepoint list.

 

Error message is:

Action 'Delete_item' failed

{

  "status": 400,

  "message": "Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131904\r\nclientRequestId: 2747b65e-f5f3-4538-ace4-3807f2843035\r\nserviceRequestId: 2747b65e-f5f3-4538-ace4-3807f2843035"

}

 

The flow is performing these operations:

2021_05_12_08_17_50_Window.jpg

 

If I resubmit a failed run, it will execute successfully and delete the item. Right now it seems to work 80% of the time but that ratio looks like it is becoming less successfull every day.

 

I realize it may be more of a Sharepoint issue than Flow, but I got to start somewhere...🙂

 

Thanks for any suggestion and pointers,

 

Eric

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

And as of today, there have been no errors since May 28th, and only 6 between May 21st and May 28th. As odd as it seems, the problem seems to be fading away by itself, just as it started suddenly on May 3rd...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jinivthakkar
Super User
Super User

@snaefellnes should have worked, just save this flow with a different name, turn on the new flow and turn off the original flow or you can recreate the flow again

That's what I would do, looks some internal error to me as the flow is pretty simple.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

I kinda put a "duct-tape" to the problem and it reduces drastically the occurences of delete item failed. What I did basically is add a "run after" operation when the delete item fails. In this error catching, I pause for 5 seconds and re-try the delete item. It has fail only one time on 385 rows inserted in 1h45 lapse; much better than the 15% error ratio we were getting recently.

 

2021_05_13_08_40_28_Window.png

I will investigate the concurrency setting for the entry action in the Flow; I am also thinking maybe our PowerApps tenant capacity has reached its limitation but I have no knowledge on these works or even if my theory is realistic!

 

 

And as of today, there have been no errors since May 28th, and only 6 between May 21st and May 28th. As odd as it seems, the problem seems to be fading away by itself, just as it started suddenly on May 3rd...

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,557)