cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JacksonCampbell
Helper I
Helper I

Power Automate Browser Extension

I installed Power Automate on my computer and then decided I didn't want it and uninstalled it. Now its browser extensions are installing on all my browsers. I would've thought that would've uninstalled with the application, but I guess not. How do I get rid of the extension on a system level?

20 REPLIES 20
eric-cheng
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @JacksonCampbell  

What browser are you using?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark my post as a solution
If you have found my response helpful, please give it a thumbs up

Connect on LinkedIn

Every browser, but that's irrelevant. My request is about where to find the extension and delete it on the system level.

VJR
Super User
Super User

Hello @JacksonCampbell 

Hope you are able to see them in the extension section of the browsers where you can remove them from.

"Remove an extension from Microsoft Edge" section of below link

Add, turn off, or remove extensions in Microsoft Edge

"Uninstall extension section" of below link

Install and manage extensions - Chrome Web Store Help (google.com)

-------------------------------------------
Help fellow beings find relevant posts.
Upvote to a supporting response.
Mark as solution to an answer.

I'm not asking how to remove them from my browser. I need to know how to uninstall it on a system level so it doesn't keep installing itself on all my browsers. I want the files gone.

Hi @JacksonCampbell 

Extensions are added at a browser level and not saved at a system level. Therefore I have shared the browser links.

Are you getting back those extensions even after removing them from the browsers/settings?

Extensions can and do come from the system, historic of malware, Google Drive, different Microsoft programs such as Skype and Power Automate. The files must be found locally and deleted before they stop installing themselves into the browser. Extensions in malware often come are a rootkit and will not only affect one computer but transfer over to others without any user action.

VJR
Super User
Super User

Hi @JacksonCampbell 

Never experienced automatic addition of Extensions without asking for user permission.

VJR_0-1632544133814.png

Possible that you may be referring to something other than extensions.

Probably someone might be able to help you on this thread.

No. I know exactly what I'm talking about. You're talking about when you click to install an extension and it confirms with you. I'm talking about when files on your computer install extensions without your instruction.

Okay if I come across a thread with a similar issue and has an answer I will point you its link.

And if this post of yours has an answer I will direct it to others.

Sounds good, thanks.

I have the same problem.  Power Automate was uninstalled since I have no use for it but every time I create a new profile in Chrome or Edge it tries to install the extension.  It is lurking somewhere on my system and trying to install itself constantly.

Hi @Rayke 

Since this is not just about Power Automate extension and it is also about any browser extension which many users are facing, a web search on "browser extensions keep on installing themselves" is returning many results. Could you check them out and see which solution works in your kind of scenario.

Rayke
Regular Visitor

Except that it is about the Power Automate extension.  I don't have this issue with any other extensions.  I got rid of it with Chrome by uninstalling Chrome and wiping out all of the Google user data manually.  I can't uninstall Edge.   I saw some other conversations about situations like this and none of them were helpful.  I regularly create and delete profiles in Edge to do web development debugging.  This extension installs every time even after trying the methods to stop it that I found on other sites before I made my post here.  No other extensions do this.

In that case you can submit the bug here. At least it will give a chance to report the same to MSFT.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/I-Found-A-Bug/bd-p/BugFound

No, this is only about the Power Automate extension. It acts like a root kit.

There are other extensions that do this, and that is when downloads install spam extensions and programs that take over your computer like a root kit.

Pretty sure that's what this thread is.

Rayke
Regular Visitor

This is not a bug in Power Automate. It is a forced extension install by Windows.  I just installed the Vivaldi Browser for the first time ever on this machine.  Guess what?  The Power Automate extension installed automatically without even being asked.  At least it was not enabled by default, but it was installed without permission or any notification.

I know.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (4,628)