cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexMagna
Frequent Visitor

Power Automate - Condition for Creation Date is Greater than Specific Date

Hi all,

I've seen quite a few posts similar to this, but all appear to be using the Now() function as the comparison to determine dates in the past versus present & future.

I want to setup a condition that looks at each item's 'Creation Date' (format is example 4/23/2021) and if that date is greater than or equal to '1/1/2021' then it is TRUE, otherwise FALSE.

I have tried so many different ways to do this, using expressions to format the 'Creation Date' and/or to format the condition value, but either something goes wrong and the condition fails all items, or the exact opposite happens and the condition passes them all.  Here is one example of what I tried:

***Last condition listed below***

AlexMagna_0-1627676109730.png

If anyone has any suggestions on what to try, would greatly appreciate the help.  Also let me know if more detail is needed.  Thanks!

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RobElliott
Super User
Super User

If you are comparing dates always make sure that you put both dates into the yyyy-MM-dd format, not your local date format as it will fail.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
eric-cheng
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @AlexMagna ,

Looking at your screenshot, whats the first amd last condition as it looks to be the Creation Date but have contrasting conditions?

Also,  make sure all your conditions are right as you have a AND clause where they all have to be True before returning true.

Also, you dont need the ' quotes in your last condition.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark my post as a solution
If you have found my response helpful, please give it a thumbs up

Connect on LinkedIn

RobElliott
Super User
Super User

If you are comparing dates always make sure that you put both dates into the yyyy-MM-dd format, not your local date format as it will fail.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Hi @RobElliott ,

Thats interesting, I have just created a flow against my Create Date of 2021-07-16 and my condition works against an unformatted of 16/07/2021.

Screenshot_20210731-223759_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210731-223707_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210731-223751_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210731-223819_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210731-223837_Chrome.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark my post as a solution
If you have found my response helpful, please give it a thumbs up

Connect on LinkedIn

Powerplatform01
Post Patron
Post Patron

@AlexMagna 

You can take reference from this video.Also request you to please subscribe this channel. Your one click helps me a lot

https://youtu.be/NLEMPn-T3ns

Thanks Rob!  I could have sworn I had tried that... but it was late on a Friday afternoon and my mind was shutting down for the weekend early 🙂

I tried that, and it worked perfectly.

Best regards,

Alex

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,049)