cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tielure1
Level: Powered On

Power Automate Excel Outputted as Decimal

Power Automate seems to output my time from excel sheets into decimal form. Below is an example of the cell I use for time

image.png

Then when it goes through flow, when checking the table - It comes out with this

image.png

Then when isolating the individual time it comes out the same

image.png

How do I convert it back to the original time in the cell?

Thanks,

Tyler

5 REPLIES 5
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Power Automate Excel Outputted as Decimal

Hi @Tielure1 

So basically how the excel works is, for date it returns the integer calculated as the number of days from 1899-12-29. And for time it is like the percentage of day completed. So if 00:00 is 0% then 12PM is 50% (0.5) and so on. You can find the expression to convert it here:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/55071744/in-microsoft-flow-how-do-i-grab-an-excel-column-and-for...

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

leyburn19
Level 10

Try formateDateTime() in your processes EG:

Take the time field and do fromatDateTime(Timefield,'hh:mm')  I am not sure of the actual 'hh:mm' code as it may be upper etc

Highlighted
leyburn19
Level 10

Try formateDateTime() in your processes EG:

Take the time field and do fromatDateTime(Timefield,'hh:mm')  I am not sure of the actual 'hh:mm' code as it may be upper etc

Tielure1
Level: Powered On

How would I implement this into flow? My flow has to iterate through each row in an excel sheet and convert it?

Thanks,

Tyler

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Tielure1 

Were you able to resolve? Can you take a try using the expression provided on the URL that I have shared? You have to wrap the dynamic content from the excel outputs into that expression to get the time in hours and minutes. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,810)