cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xtree96
Frequent Visitor

Power Automate Excel rows update and file ready for copy

I'm working an automation to filter a master file (Excel) by customer name, and update each row of a working file. After which I will

- save the working file on SharePoint with a specific naming convention [customer name][yyyyMMdd].xlsx

- reset the working file (using list rows and delete a row)

This process is repeated until a file for each customers have been created.

The problem is when I save the working file, it's sometimes not updated. Where there are supposed to be 10 lines, sometimes I only see 2, and other times 4. Adding a delay of 30s to 120s sometimes work but it's not guaranteed.

I was thinking of using a Do Until to loop until the working file is actually updated, but I am not sure how to get the file properties as this is a manually triggered automation.

Appreciate any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
xtree96
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Scott. No I didn't receive any error. However, I found the answer to my question using Do Until. 

And you're right, with this set up the data are complete and I realized the file is locked about 7 mins before it is actually refreshed. This means that setting delay up to 5 min (I was initially thinking that 5 mins delay seems excessive) might not work still. 

xtree96_0-1660634287442.png

Where

xtree96_1-1660634332122.png

The expression for Set variable is

if(equals(outputs('Update_file_properties')?['body']?['status'],400),true,false)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@xtree96 

Do you receive an errors?

I suspect your issue has to do with the fact that Excel files might be locked for up to 5 minutes after and edit is made but trying to update them while still locked usually generates an error.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
xtree96
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Scott. No I didn't receive any error. However, I found the answer to my question using Do Until. 

And you're right, with this set up the data are complete and I realized the file is locked about 7 mins before it is actually refreshed. This means that setting delay up to 5 min (I was initially thinking that 5 mins delay seems excessive) might not work still. 

xtree96_0-1660634287442.png

Where

xtree96_1-1660634332122.png

The expression for Set variable is

if(equals(outputs('Update_file_properties')?['body']?['status'],400),true,false)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (2,739)